ZHONE’s new Gigabit Passive Optical LAN (GPON) provides converged voice, data and video over one strand of
single mode fiber to the desktop. This revolutionary new technology is ideal for new buildings, buildings
undergoing major network renovations and campus installations.
Some benefits of GPON versus the traditional copper LAN include:
- Lower cost of ownership 25%-50%.
- Elimination of traditional TR (IDF) rooms and distributed LAN switches. An entire campus can be run
from one centralized network hub.
- Lower electrical costs.
- Reduced pathway requirements.
- Reduction of fire fuel load in building ceilings.
- Elimination of traditional telecommunications grounding systems.
- Overall simplified and greener connectivity solution.
- Inherent 128 bit AES encryption ensures a more secure physical layer.
ZHONE GPON pdf
Please contact us for more information and project pricing on this exciting new product.